We'll need help with the following:
- chairing lightning talks (must have experience running meetups and attended PyBay or PyCon)
- managing in-conference events / exhibitors (must have experience running meetups or events)
- running newbie orientation (must have attended previous PyBay)
- coordinating logistics with sponsors and exhibitors (must have good writing and customer service skills)
- designing and coordinating program guides and signages (must have graphic design and illustrator skills, must be detail oriented)
- introducing speakers, hosting open spaces (must feel comfortable with MC roles)
- preparing and distributing swag bags, name tags, signage
- photography (please show your portfolio)
- check-ins, info desk, lost and found, take down, misc
Benefits and Expectations:
Aside from the great feelings that come from being of service and the bonding with like minded people, every volunteer will be invited to a speaker and crew reception on Friday 8/16 6-9p and receive a conference T-shirt. In return, we ask that you do your best to follow through, adhere to the conference' code of conduct, and be friendly and helpful to all.
3 Ways to Volunteer:
Apply to volunteer or help as work-trade
- If you'd like to volunteer just to give back to the community, 10% of your registration fee will be donated to our diversity scholarship funds.
- If you'd like to volunteer to receive a discount to PyBay, you are volunteering as a work-trade. You will pay $150 for your conference registration ($250 upfront. Upon satisfactory completion of the tasks you've signed up, we will reimburse you $100). You will be required to work ~ 8 hours. The work will primarily involve registration, swag bag stuffing and other at-conference tasks. There is a limited number of work-trade roles so please apply ASAP.
- If you'd like to volunteer to receive a complimentary pass to PyBay, you are volunteering for tasks that require relevant skills and time commitment in the weekends and/or evenings before the conference, we will set up a call to evaluate scope of work and fit.