We are a 200+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
Back to Job Listings
The Platform team builds and maintains core APIs and services that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. Our tech stack is a mix of Go and Python and open source technologies such as gRPC, Gin, Protobuf, Envoy and Airflow, among many others.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for taking ownership of components and ensuring they are running smoothly and reliably in production while iterating on new features. You’ll also be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of new APIs and systems needed to support new product functionality.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in distributed systems, and have experience scaling low latency high throughput systems. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Work on scaling existing services to keep up with growth
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in either Go and/or Python
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable, performant, and reliable APIs and services
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Are comfortable within command line environment
- Know your way around a relational database system
- Can take complex project requirements and turn it into a detailed technical implementation plan
- Have experience with deploying systems to cloud providers (such as AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
Our Senior Backend Web Engineers are responsible for development of all backend web components that power our Mobile Apps, Mobile and Desktop sites, REST API’s, Push Notification Services. Tech includes Python, Pyramid, MySQL, PostgreSQL on AWS
In this role, you will be responsible for the management, development, design, and maintenance of these components - providing solutions that help millions of Americans save on their prescription drugs every year!
GoodRx Senior Backend Web Engineers tackle problems that require strong design, programming, communication and intuitive skills - and are able to turn ideas into production-ready solutions. They are deft at working with a wide variety of technologies such as Python, Pyramid, MySQL, PostgreSQL on AWS, in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, mobile, apps, operations)
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team by setting standards for code quality and timeliness
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional, recent experience writing backend web code in Python
- Experience with at least one popular Python Web Framework: Pyramid, Flask, Django
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred)
- Professional experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- First-hand understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Advanced Integration test and unit test experience
- Strong Linux fundamentals (comfortable in shell environments)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Asana, or other issue tracking tools are a nice to have
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.